Saturday 13 August 2011

12 August, 2011

What a busy day!!  I decided I was going to do a decent bike ride today so in the morning I met Gordon at the Aquatic Centre where he goes swimming at least every second day (where he says, he ‘thrashes the water to a foam’!!)   From there we biked to Bellara for a coffee and onto the Bribie Bridge.  We sat watching and it’s amazing just how much traffic goes over the bridge.

I walked part way over the bridge to take some photo’s.   The bridge shook so much I found it difficult to take photo’s!!


That's the Glasshouse Mountaing in the distance ...

Now!!  Here's a chance for you to be part of my Blog - you can become a member and put your idea's forward ...   What do you think this huge lump of concrete is?   It's got thick metal rings on top and at two ends …   That's the Bribie Bridge in the background - I wonder if that's a clue!!   I'm going to go to the Information Centre to try and find out what it is and will let you know if I find anything out ...


Carrying on from my photo's of the biking/walking pathways I was impressed with the track going under the Bribie Bridge - how cool is that!!

This is a great place to bike!!   We pedalled out way along the shoreline from the Bridge to Bongaree.  I lost Gordon 'cause I kept stopping to take photo's!!   This is another view of the Bridge ...


And this is a wee inlet that took my eye ...


And that wasn’t the end of the excitement for the day for me!!   In the afternoon I wandered over to the beach to catch up with Gordon who was catching some Vitamin D.   I was immediately drawn to a big sandcastle that someone had made on the beach.   It was amazing and obviously a lot of work had gone into it …



As I was taking some photo’s of the castle a young man came down from the picnic area to tell me he and his family had challenged themselves to build a sandcastle and adjoining village before the high tide!!    I checked up on progress on my way back from the beach and met all the family.   Monica (Mum) told me that her family were visiting Bribie Island for a couple of days and had decided to do something together.  They bought the sandcastle bucket and spades in Woorim and at that stage had spent 4 hours on their creation.

Monica and her husband had brought their 3 children from America to see
something of Australia and were having a couple of days on Bribie. 

I kept popping over to the beach for the rest of the afternoon with my trusty camera waiting for the high tide to fill the moots around the castle and village, but to no avail!!  I gave up when it was dark but when I went over this morning the high tide had taken the lot!!

As an anecdote it was really lovely this morning when Monica came looking for me to give us the groceries they hadn’t used!  Thanks for that Monica!   It was lovely meeting you and your family …  

It was a great day - I biked further than I have in many, many years;  and was a small part of a lovely event on the beach ...

No comments:

Post a Comment