Monday 8 August 2011

7 August, 2011

We went down to Cameron’s on the Gold Coast this weekend.  For those of you that don’t know, Cameron is Gordon’s son.   I forgot to take my camera … so you’ll just have to imagine the beautiful golden beach, rough sea hence lots of surfers, tall buildings absolutely everywhere, same with people – everywhere!!

We wandered off down to the local Pacific Pine Pub to watch the All Blacks slaughter the Wallabies.  I wasn’t sure whether to show that I was supporting the Blacks but at the first try a group of guys sitting behind us started yahooing so I stopped fearing for my life and got into it.   Not a bad game a?!!  Robbie Dean’s didn’t look too please though!!   We got to drive Cam’s flash Holden home while Cam took the bus home.  Gordon resisted the temptation to ‘burn a bit of rubber’ in front of the Pub as we took off and duly got us home safely!!

More food!!!   We went into Surfers Paradise for Pancake’s for Brunch.  I’d heard a lot about this place and it lived up to all the hype.  I think it was called ‘Pancakes in Paradise’ and the selection was devine!!  I had Jamiaca Banana – yum!!   I haven’t had a banana since I’ve been here – mostly because they are so damned expensive due to the cyclone that went through up north and decimated the banana crop.  The cheapest I’ve seen for banana’s is $6.99 and the most expensive $14.99.   Cam had the Black Forest Pancakes which had everything (plus) on it – well done Cam is all I can say!!

We came back via Mt Tamborine.  There was an amazing view of Surfers and the rain forest was sooo cool.  It was beautiful.

By the time we got home I’d had enough of the motor bike and decided I’m going to stay put for the next 2 weeks.  I want to enjoy the sun and just ‘being here’ …

No comments:

Post a Comment