Monday 8 August 2011

5 August, 2011

Homesickness hit hard today!!  It’s Casey’s 21st tonight and I really want to be there.  I looked into going home for a couple of days but the ‘sensible’ part of me kept saying it was $500 for just 2 days, blah, blah, blah.  Now, of course, I’m thinking what a twit I was – what’s $500 in the scheme of things!!!   You just can’t win sometimes, a?!!

Gordon took me to the Movies (I think to take my mind off fretting about wanting to be in Christchurch – isn’t he a good man?!!) and we saw ‘Red Dog’.  The story line follows a red kelpie dog in Western Australia in the 1970's and how he affected the people around him.   I thought it was going to be a bit naff at the beginning but it came good and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!!  

The topic of the day was the cost of the bus fares to get there and back – yep, we took the bus – just to say we had!!   It’s 30km (give or take) from home to Caboolture and that cost $5.40 each - well actually it only cost $5.40 for both on the way there ‘cause the Bus Driver asked Gordon if we were Seniors and he said, ‘YES!!’  Not sure that I want to be a senior just yet – although, horror of horror’s, I found a heap more grey hair the other day – having said that I’m sure it’s just the mirror here and perhaps the unusual light … hmmm, what do ya reckon!!!

Anyway, 30 km’s to Caboolture for $10.80, which isn’t too bad really but then they stung us $7.80 for the 3 km’s from the Caboolture Station to the Morayfield Shopping Mall – in theory it could have cost us $37.20 just to get to the Movies!!   I paid for the bus fares home and had to pay full price all the way – that’d be about right a?!!   Suffice to say that’s the one and only bus trip we’ll be doing while we’re here!!

I survived the homesickness but have come to the realization that 6 ½ weeks is going to be enough time away …

No comments:

Post a Comment