Saturday 20 August 2011

16 August, 2011

Today we took to the road and did another bike ride.   We went up to Noosa via Eumundi which is an Historic Town that is reknown for it’s huge Market’s.  We weren’t there at the weekend but I can image it would be huge.

Out to the coast to the Noosa River and we meandered along the River to Noosa Heads and stopped for lunch at Noosaville.   Noosaville is where Gordon wanted to go for the winter this year but I kinda talked him out of it in favour of Bribie Island so I was a bit nervous wondering if it was going to be better than Bribie …   It was different but not necessarily better!!  I liked that Noosaville is on the River and we were there on a sunny day so it was beautiful looking over the water.   It would have been a bit of all right – may next year!!

Photo taken up the river near the Marina ...

Looking out towards Noosa Heads ...

Taken from the Leguna Lookout - Noosa Head and Beach are at the right, the River runs from right to left and round to the Lake.  The 2 Lakes in the fron are Marina's (I think!)

We had lunch at Rosie’s in Noosaville with Elvis greeting us at the entrance …
… in his Blue Suede Shoes!!

From Noosa we went through the Junction down the coast via Coolum which is an exposed beach that was an amazing colour and great surf.

We stopped at Caloundra hoping to see the top end of Bribie Island.   We found a lookout that had a small channel of water between Caloundra and a sandy spit – Gordon reckoned it was Bribie Island but I reckoned it wasn’t far enough away.  A local looking guy was standing next to me so I asked him and sure enough – it was Bribie!!   I was wrong – again!!!   It was low tide and it seemed to me you could have walked across the sand.    It was getting late so we didn’t get much of a look round and I forgot to take a photo – dahhhh!!

It was a late ride home and yet again we realised how quickly it gets dark here … nothing like home with a twilight ... one minute it's daylight and 10 minutes later it's dark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment