Friday 12 August 2011

8 August, 2011

I decided I’d take some photo’s around Woorim to remind myself of how much I’ve enjoyed the peace and quiet.  Thought you might be interested too!!  

This morning I went for a walk round the road then out to the beach along a sandy road.  I find it amazing that I can walk along these tracks and never meet a soul (and today I didn't see anyone on the beach either!).  I guess it would be very different in summer …



This is a banksia tree and the cones look like dead hedgehogs when they're on the road!!

This is the end of the track coming out at Skirmish Point just round the Island from Woorim

In the afternoon I took my trusty bicycle for a bit of a spin.   The council here is great at providing tracks for walking and biking.  I've found out that all bikes have got a bell on them so you can ring your bell if you come up behind walkers or other bikers and they have to get out of your way – I think it’s hilarious!!   The other day I’d stopped on the bridge over the canal to take a photo and heard this bell ringing;  didn’t take any notice;  heard it again and it caught my attention so turned round and this old guy was frantically ringing his bell at me ‘cause I was taking up all the path over the bridge and he couldn’t get past!!  He wasn’t a happy biker!!

There’s a biking/walking track next to the main road’s all over Bribie.   When I was staying over at Redcliffe there was the same all along the coast so it’s not just in the Caboolture Shire …

This is part of the biking/walking track from Woorim to the Bongaree turnoff. 
The track is only about 3 or 4 metres from the road but it feels like you’re biking through the bush – it’s great!!   I took these two photo's from teh same spot ...

There's National Park all along the other side of the road which seems strange when you're going down this busy road!!   Not like the Natioinal Parks I'm used to where it's quiet !!

No comments:

Post a Comment