Thursday 4 August 2011

17 July, 2011

Not a lot to report for the last few days.   I’ve been using my bike every couple of days.  Gordon and I biked round (push biked!!) to Bongaree (about 10km return) for an icecream and sat watching the comings and goings of people and their families having a day in the sun …
Not bad for the middle of winter, a?!!  It's weird sitting in summer clothes and watching people swimming and boating ...

We also went for a ride up and over Mt Mee ..  first stop was at the Caboolture Sunday Market – it was HUGE!!  The fruit stall was my favourite!   We bought 2 pineapples for $2 – what a bargain!!

From the market it was trying to hook onto the road to De Aguila then hang a left onto the Mt Mee road.  The Mt Mee road is used by bikers because of the road.  There were parts with crash warnings for bikers.  Before we could get to the Mt Mee road Gordon was relying on the GPS to get us there.  This was the day I decided that little GPS machine has a mind of it’s own and it was determined to annoy the heck out of me!!  I realized it was a matter of trust – trusting this little inanimate machine to get us from A to B – I’m not good a trusting ‘little inanimate machines’ at the best of time but this was a real test of my self control!!   I like maps and map reading!!  Suffice to say we made it and got to see some of the back roads.   The Mt Mee road was great and I got my first reasonably close-up view of the Glasshouse Mountains (named by Captain Cook because he thought they looked like the glasshouses in English gardens).  We stopped at Dayboro for lunch.  We’d heard there was a place the bikers went for lunch and as we were cruising up the historic main street of Dayboro we knew we’d hit the spot by the amount of bikes outside the Pub!!   Ironically, by the time I got to take a photo most of the bikes had gone so this picture isn’t typical … It was great having lunch on the deck, above and looking down the main road meaning  we had the perfect view of all the motorbikes coming and going.   Finding our way home was another challenge for me with the GPS – this little machine was telling Gordon to turn here, go over there, into little streets, oops, go back to next intersection, and so on – but we made it back to Bribie!!
As is always the way - when I took this photo most of the motorbikes had left so it doesn't look half as impressive!!

I’m starting to find the road from Bribie Island to the Bruce Highway (20 odd kms) a bit tedious.  We have to go on this same patch of road to go anywhere.   I’m loving the motorbike riding – smelling the smells, leaning the leans and really experiencing the countryside …

No comments:

Post a Comment